Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday 5

1. I cannot believe that it is already time for Lucille's birthday. She would have been 32 on Saturday. Where has this year gone? I hope she is having some Chandon champagne up in heaven.

2. My friend Merris and I went to see the movie, About Time, this past weekend. It's by the people who did Love Actually and Notting Hill - and it is very much like those movies! It's about a guy who can go back in time to have a "re-do" whenever he wants. His goal was to find love, which he did, with Rachel McAdams. They're adorable. Not sure if it's a must see in the theatre but it's a definite rental.


3. Clementines are everywhere. I love me some clementines! 

4. Have you ever had a week where you didn't know what day it was and you thought every day was Friday? That was my week. I cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow and make some gluten free apple oatmeal in the slow cooker. Yum yum.

5. In using what I have got already in my kitchen, I made a (very unhealthy) Chicken broccoli casserole by Trisha Yearwood last night. It was a bit salty but all in all, tasty! Plus I already had the cooked chicken, broccoli and rice from another meal so it really worked out to my benefit :) Of course you could always just buy a rotisserie chicken at the store to save some time.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 3 cups cooked chopped broccoli
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 TB lemon juice
  • 1 10 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 10 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded

DIRECTIONS

  • 1
    Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
  • 2
    Spread the rice in an even layer in the baking dish. Make a second layer with the broccoli.
  • 3
    In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, condensed soup, half of the grated cheese, and the salt, pepper and chicken. Pour this mixture over the broccoli and top with the remaining grated cheese. Bake for 40 minutes.
  • 4
    Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment