Sunday, August 25, 2013

Miller Baby-Q Bash! (Part 1)

This past week we threw our good friends Jennifer and Josh Miller a Baby-Q couples shower! They are due on October 19th with a little baby girl :) We could not be more excited for them and wanted to throw them a memorable and fun baby shower!

I ordered the invites off of Etsy from LePartie Sugar. I love the fact the fact that you can order a design on Etsy and print it off yourself.

I took some pics with my iPhone before the party started but I will have more (and better) ones to post from our friend Rachel who brought her fancy camera to the party :)


Along with the invites, LePartie also offers a party package that matches the invites.


The theme was "Backyard Baby-Q Bash" however the rain the night before totally made our backyard a mud pit so I had to improvise. I set up the bar outside on the front porch.  I ordered burlap from burlap.com to cover my tables. The drink stand I have posted about before and is from walmart.com and only cost $15! It has a ice cooling system in the middle of it. I combined my jelly jars and mason jars for glasses for the signature mixed drink which was the "Boozy Arnold Palmer"  -  mix up 3 frozen lemonade cans into 3 batches of lemonade... then add about 24 oz. of Firefly sweet tea (to taste) vodka to the mix. The cute straws came from Sweet Teets Boutique on etsy.


(Brees photo bombed this picture)

The living room set up for Baby Gifts!


Part of the party kit - s'mores guest gifts with directions on how to make them at home!




Also part of the kit were these cute well wishes cards for the mom and dad to be. Friends could fill in the blanks with their thoughts for the parents.  My friend Merris lent us the burlap bulletin board from her wedding for us to use! :) 



I set up appetizers on our dining table. Aren't these flowers gorgeous? $3.99 at Trader Joe's!


Aren't these water bottles adorable? Also part of the kit.




Dinner set up - 
Menu:
Eastern Carolina BBQ 
Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Beans
Asian Slaw
Corn Bread Muffins





The Boozy Arnold Palmer...


Getting closer to party time - drinks table completed!


The corn bread muffins were a Miller recipe!




Oink!


Even though I forgot the black beans... it was still delish!




And of course some Wholly Guacamole.... the easy app, well that and cheese/crackers!


(To be continued.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment