Monday, July 1, 2013

Lunch for friends

Our friends the Thomassons just had a baby boy named Maxwell.We wanted to be helpful and make them some food. I thought lunch might be something different to do. I made them the below Fran's pasta salad. Recipe here. It's always a crowd pleaser!


I lost my Hawaiian chicken salad recipe which is what I was originally planning to make so that was a bummer. I couldn't even find anything similar online. Bummer! So I looked up the Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Salad. It looked easy enough and included nuts and grapes. It turned out tasty but a bit heavy on the "dressing side". It would probably be served best on lettuce vs. a sandwich. I think next time I make it I will definitely half the amount of mayo/sour cream mixture I use.


I also made some of Elly's pimento cheese. I put all this together with some nice sour dough bread, 
cookies, brownies, and Pringles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment