Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hot Chicken Salad



My mom used to make this so I had a hankering for some home cooking last night and gave this recipe a whirl.

Hot Chicken Salad
2 cups of chopped cooked chicken (I got the already cooked rotisserie chicken from Harris Teeter)
1 cup of chopped celery (I added another half a cup to this)
½ cup mayo (I used hellman’s and only did 1/3 cup)
1 T lemon juice
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I got the healthy version which has no salt and is low in fat)
½ cup water chestnuts (these are in the Asian section of Harris Teeter – took me forever to find)
Salt and Pepper to taste (since I used the low fat/salt soup – I had to be very liberal with S and P! you can always add it afterward to each plate)
Crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 375
This served two in our house but could easily serve 4. I put it over brown rice.
Combine all but chips in a bowl. Grease small baking dish. Pour in and top with chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment