I made this last night and it made enough for an army. Which is great, because now I will freeze half! With the cold weather hitting us hard this week, I have been in soup mode! This soup I found on Pinterest and all it really entails is popping open a bunch of canned veggies. My kind of easy! Here is the original link to the recipe. Sorry my picture is so lousy! I had already put the soup away in the fridge before I remembered I needed to snap a pic of it for the blog! Ha! Go to the link above for a pretty (and hot) picture ha!
Slow Cooker Veggie Beef Soup
- 2 pounds ground round
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups fresh Lima beans or 1 (15-ounce) can Lima beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn off the cob 1 (15-ounce) can niblet corn, drained
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 4 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra
- 2 cups water
*add a tablespoon of salt
- Cook ground round and onions until browned. Add to slow cooker along with all other ingredients.
- Cook in slow cooker for 4 hours on low.