Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Cookies

I made two different cookies for my "book club" (no books, just wine) this week. The first was a pumpkin cookie that I sandwiched together with cream cheese frosting. Although it was an easy cookie, it was just, eh, okay. They don't turn out pretty and because they are so moist, it's best to keep them in the fridge. They are healthy though! They don't have any egg or oil in them. A girl I work with does a similar recipe using chocolate cake mix and 1 can pumpkin. She says her kids love it and it makes for a healthier treat.

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1 box spice cake (ducan hines)

Directions:
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
Line baking sheet with parchment
Mix together two ingredients until there's no lumps
Bake 13-15 minutes

You could add chocolate chips to these or do an icing over the top. Change it up however you'd like! They're a cake texture... not so much cookie.


My BFF Elly gave me a recipe for Salted Nutella Cookies and they turn out amazing - they were definitely the party pleaser. 

Ingredients:
1 cup Nutella
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
Combine everything but salt and mix together
Place dough in freezer for 10 mins
Roll dough into approx 1 in balls - I used a mini icecream scoop, less mess!
Place on baking sheet
Flatted them a bit. 
Bake for 8-10 mins

I sprinkled with salt and let cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment