Monday, August 20, 2012

A Miss Beth dinner night!

Chicken and broccoli casserole and dirty rice!




And yes I had to take my dairy and gluten pills. Lol but it's worth it! Dave was so excited to walk into a house that smelled like his childhood!

Beth's chicken and broccoli bake-
3 chicken breasts boiled and shredded (I got an HT roasted chicken already cooked)
2 heads of broccoli (used 1 1/2 bags of frozen broccoli)
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup- undiluted (I used cream of mushroom)
1 c mayo
1 T lemon juice
3/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 c breadcrumbs (I used crackers)
1/2 to 1/4 C of sharp cheddar
Pats of butter (I left this off)
Cook broccoli/ drain well - place in bottom of lightly greased Pyrex dish
Arrange shredded cooked chicken on top
Add other ingredients that have been mixed together over chicken
Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs over top
Cook 350 for 30 min uncovered

Beth's dirty rice-
1/2 c white rice
1 can beef Consome soup (I had never heard of this before but it's in the Campbell's soup area!)
I small onion diced
1 stick butter (I used half)
Then mix all together and cook for 30-45 min. uncovered @ 350.



** side note, prob not a good idea to eat casserole if you have food allergies-I'm up at 1:30 because of it :( wah. At least hubby is happy lol

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment