Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean Eating

Have any of you tried clean eating? You know, no processed foods... no sugar substitutes.... etc etc. For breakfast I had a banana and a few Quaker rice mini cakes (the carmel kind). I'm not supposed to eat several things right now but rice is something that I can have... but then I looked at the ingredients...

QUAKER, CARAMEL CORN CAKES
INGREDIENTS: Whole Grain Brown Rice, Corn (With Germ Removed), Sugar, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Caramel (Color), Salt, Soy Lecithin.


Corn, Fructose, Soy and Carmel coloring - all things that I am not supposed to be eating right now because they are difficult for your body to digest. Awesome. But that got me to thinking, carmel coloring can't be good? Fructose can't be good either?


Our friend just did a clease where he cut out processed foods and he posted his success on FB yesterday. I thought I'd share because it really gave me some inspiration! On the left are the before shots and on the right is the after. Here is what he said about his diet:


"Check out my 3 week fitness progress. Before 204 pounds and now 187. Was 25% body fat now 19%. How? No processed foods and no refined sugar."It seems like on the left his body is really bloated. This is one thing that the Dr. is trying to help me with. Certain foods (like refined sugars and processed foods) are harder to digest so your body becomes bloated. Just some "food" for thought :)


Click here for the Clean Eating magazine for a little more inspiration....

No comments:

Post a Comment