Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New red beans recipe!

Rachel Ray had this new Orleans red beans and rice recipe in her magazine.... That yes I already confessed to buying.... Lol.... Anyway I was amazed at how few ingredients it called for-it was so easy, so fast, and so yummy! Or as she says yum o!


Cook the sausage, onion, celery, olive oil and thyme in a deep pan for 12 minutes, add garlic for 2 minutes. Smash a half cup of the beans, add this and rest of beans along w chicken broth.... Boil then reduce to low for 20 mins. Serve over rice.


I would up broth to 2 cups next time as we like our red beans a little more juicy. I didn't have a bay lead but don't think it made a big difference! Oh and I didn't do cayenne, we each did our own topping of hot sauce.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment