Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The cheese balls of cheese balls

I thought I posted this Christmas Cheese Ball recipe but apparently I haven't yet (odd!). My mom's good friend used to send this cheese ball down to Charlotte when my Lynchburg high school friends would come and visit me. My friend Lauren taught where Carole would occasionally substitute teach and she would bring the cheese ball and other goodies from Miss Carole - so sweet! Us girls LOVED her cheese ball and the chicken in a biskit crackers (Dave is addicted to these). Never underestimate the power of the cheese ball. I have been making Carole's recipe for the past 2 years and it's always a huge hit! We are bringing the cheese ball BACK ladies!

Recipe:
16 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 T worcheshire sauce
2 T diced white onion
1 tsp pimentos
1 tsp chopped green bell pepper
1/4 tsp salt
dash of cayenne pepper
chopped walnuts

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to mush it all together. cut mixture in half and roll into two balls. I make two cheese balls and each serves about 12 people - I make one for the party I am going to and one for the freezer. Roll each ball in the chopped walnuts. If you are serving, chill for an hour and take out of the fridge about 2o minutes before you want to serve. If you are freezing, wrap tightly in press and seal wrap and put in a freezer storage bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment