Sunday, October 17, 2010

Loving my Slow Cooker



Just got my new All-Clad slow cooker as a wedding gift and made a roast this past week! I have been so excited to join my friends in cooking with a slow cooker! They have already sent me tons of recipe and Julie (a sorority sister) sent me several of hers this week. One of which was a roast that I cooked with a bottle of vinegar based BBQ sauce this past week. I put the 2 lb. roast and the BBQ sauce in the slow cooker on Low for 8 hrs. It was great to come home to! Since then I have made roast beef sandwiches, one of which is featured in the above picture! I used my friend Debbie's home-made Pear Chutney (1 tsp) spread over both sides of a hamburger bun and topped with roast beef and two slices of Cracker Barrel Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (a Conrad Favorite!). It was delish. I also made roast sandwiches with extra sauce and a creamy broccoli slaw... Dave devoured 3 of these sandwiches in one night! LOL. Must have been GoooOooood!

Hope to share more slow cooker recipes soon - am making white chicken chili from Cooking light later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment