Friday, August 27, 2010

Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip from Betty Crocker


Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1 can (about 14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese (1 oz) Toasted baguette slices or assorted crackers, if desired
Directions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Stir in artichokes, spinach and bell pepper.
Spoon mixture into 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Cover and bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with baguette slices.
I made this an it was delish!
However... I took the cover off and baked it for 5 more minutes, i like brown around edges of baked dips!
I also added red pepper flakes over the melted cheese because I thought that it needed more of a kick! I might add a bit of hot sauce next time a make it.
Also, I didnt used red pepper but instead used pimentos that I already had - same thing!
I served with pita chips ;)

3 comments:

  1. That looks good!! The recipe I use calls for hot sauce (tabasco) but I usually swap out lots of Franks Red Hot instead! Yum!

    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
    1 medium onion chopped (1 cup)
    2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
    1 (8oz) pkg sour cream
    1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
    1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    2 TBSP Tabasco pepper sauce
    Salt to taste
    Corn chips, crackers, or pita bread
    Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft (about 5 min). Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, Tabasco sauce and salt.
    Stir until well blended and heated through. Pour mixture into a 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining parmesan ad Monterey jack cheese
    Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese starts to brown (about 10 min)
    Makes about 4 cups

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Yes hot sauce or some heat was DEFINITELY needed! I totally used my Betty Crocker Iphone app while at trader joe's to get this recipe - fast! lol! What would I do with out iphone and my apps?!
    My mom always put her artichoke dip on triscuits which is a nice alternatives to pita wedges for a difference texture. She also added paprika to the top for some color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I am going to try with triscuits and paprika next time - I love both!

    ReplyDelete