Saturday, December 12, 2009

HGTV Celebrity Holiday Decor








So for the holidays, HGTV has a show where 3 designers decorate 3 celebrity homes. It comes on on Sunday nights at 8pm. I adored this show because I not only love Christmas decor but I love checking out other people's homes! lol Celebrity or not! I hope this is replayed and that if you missed it, you'll get to see it. The celebrities for this episode were Jewel (who wore the cutest stinkin headband I ever did see!), Kathy Lee (who got a fabulously fruity designer) and Holly Peete (yes, Hangin with Mr. Cooper star and wife to ex-NFL star). For Holly's house in CA, the designer went with a Cabo sea theme because that was her family's favorite vacation spot. She has 4 children - whoa! For Kathy's CT home, they decorated her hideously all plad (yes floor to sealing) comfy (with green velvet sofas) masculine living room. I just loved the designer though. And the outside of Kathy's house was absolutely stunning. Her designer took the colors in her plad (everything) and decorated with navy blue, gold, and hunter green. He also took old men's shirts, about 5, and made christmas balls out of them - super cute idea and very easy to do! And he made a candy buffet table that I really liked because it incorporated all the colors he used. And lastly, for Jewel's home, they went with a rustic ranch feel. I don't know why but I just loved the earthy-ness of it. It turned out really pretty and she was very involved with her designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment