Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Take 2!

Shrimp and Orzo Salad

So a month ago I posted this recipe which was a huge summer hit for us! The other night I decided to break out all the ingredients from the fridge as I bought way too much produce at Trader Joe's.... but sometimes, with two people, it's hard to buy small amounts! So tonight I made the orzo and dressing in this recipe and added sliced black olives, halved grape tomatoes, 3 chopped green onions, 1 peeled and chopped cucumber, 1 chopped red bell pepper and 1/2 a green bell pepper. I tossed all of this with the orzo and dressing and chilled it for an hour. To serve I got pre-sliced cooked chicken and cubed it, cut up a slice of precooked bacon and put that over Dave's salad. For mine I added some pine nuts for protein. Then I topped both with a sprinkling of feta and it was a truly yummy meal! Try this with some toasted baguette! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment