Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st Day of School


Here are some highlights:

1. I realized quickly that my vera shoulder bag was more like a Mary Poppins bag than a book bag... my shoulders are still aching. Note to self: don't bring your whole life to class.

2. Besides my teacher, there is 1 male in my class.

3. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a talker. You know, the woman, the mom, who goes back to school and treats it like a Quilting Bee? She says HI to everyone that enters the classroom.

4. I got the wrong book. Not my fault. Now I have to figure out how to return it and buy not one, but two books to replace it by next Monday... I am cheap when it comes to books (HELLO, Amazon USED frequent buyer here!) therefore I didn't run to the bookstore. But don't worry, I'm working out a cheap plan.

5. Small world... A sorority sister of mine is, or was, in my class. There are 50 of us and they weren't expecting such a large number so they have divided the class into 2. Either way, hopefully we will be in the same classes in the future! Always fun to see a familiar face.

6. Teacher asked us to finish this metaphor and share our answer along with personal information. So here is my answer and it totally wasn't duplicated, yay!
"An elementary school is like...a candy jar, you just never know what you are going to get!"
We had a lot of "gardens" and "zoo's".

And lastly,

7. While stopping at the 24 hr, yes, 24 hr, enormo Harris Teeter on my way home, to do one thing... grad a bottle of cheap wine... I saw THIS in their wine section....
(and no, I didn't put out $3 more dollars out of pure joy, I went Yellow Tail, that's right, I'm a student!)

2 comments:

  1. loves it!! A Talker - that's funny. of course, you saw a familiar face ..CLT is not that big...that is v. cool! yay for first days of school. i'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of those women in my class. I can just picture your face when this woman starts talking to much! :-)

    ReplyDelete