Sunday, February 8, 2009

He's Just Not That into You




So a group of us girls went to see He's Just Not That into You yesterday at the new Epicentre theatre (which is straight out of NYC!). I couldn't remember if I'd read the book when it was passed around in college however, the movie was great!! A laugh out loud with your girlfriends kind of movie. There were even times we were so appauled at the lead character that we told her, out loud, that was she was psycho. I guess we thought she needed some girlfriends to tell her that via movie screen. Ha!! It was a great movie and I was really surprised because I had expected less. With the star packed cast you never know how a movie is going to turn out. I adore Drew Barrymore and was a little disappointed that she didn't have a huge role in the movie. But the chick from Big Love (HBO) was great and I know this was her big movie moment! She as adorable and I wanted all of her cute outfits. I really liked Jennifer Aniston and Ben Affleck together as a couple, they were really cute. Usually I get annoyed by Jennifer in movies because she can get so boring however she did a really great job in this flick (i guess i can only take so much of her but this was just the right amount!). And you can't really go wrong with Ben, he's such a cutie!! :)
I looked on Rotten Tomatoes website to see what they thought about the movie and it got a really poor rating, a rotten tomato. I suppose with all the movies to choose from right now, Slumdog, The Reader, etc, it's hard to compete. And i agree, it's not necessary to see this one in the theatre... it would be a great curl up on the couch flick.. But definitely a flick to watch with your girlfriends, the men just... wouldnt get it! (plus it shows the female crazy side so probably won't make you look all that great!) So to conclude here is a quote from the book itself....
"It's about the guy who wants you, ... "It's good for us all to remember that we don't need to scheme and plot and beg, (which GiGi does in the movie and its totally embarrassing for her and the viewers)... "If he's not calling you, it's because you are not on his mind. (completely valid!)"



No comments:

Post a Comment