Thursday, August 6, 2015

OH Baby!



So as you have probably noticed - I took a little break from the blog. I felt like I really didn't have much to talk about anymore and since I sit at a computer all day long at work - I didn't really feel like doing the same thing when I got home. A break of a week turned in to 2 and then it turned into months. Everyone deserves a vacation though, right?? But, I think it's time I gave a little update - even if not blogging every day, a baby deserves to be talked about! :)

We finally did it. During Feb/March we did a double IUI with hormone shots and finally got pregnant! We have been over the moon ever since. I knew right away that I was pregnant, the whole experience just felt different and I was very positive about it. Instead of waiting the whole 12 days before taking a pregnancy test, I waited 9 and got a very faint pink line! After that of course I tested each day after and the line grew darker. A blood test at the fertility clinic confirmed our pregnancy and it wasn't until then that we finally believed it to be true. The first several weeks I was pretty sick with morning (all day) sickness but then my lovely doctor at the fertility clinic gave a prescription for Diclegis and I felt so much better! I was fairly tired too and really hated to keep such a big secret! We did let our families in on it right away though! 

Here are some bumpdate photos....(ignore the lovely work bathroom)




And this week.... full frontal!


Just about a month ago we found out that we are having a BOY. We didn't know what to expect and certainly didn't care! We are just thrilled to be expanding our family with this little one! Once I reached the second trimester, it was like a switch flipped and I felt more energized and could get off the nausea medication! Since then I have been planning for the nursery and having fun registering! We have also been doing a lot of traveling - last month we were in Europe, this month in Buffalo NY, and next month to New Orleans! We have also spent a few weekends in the mountains of NC. As I get closer to the third trimester I have been feeling the baby moving around more and more. What a crazy feeling! And as for cravings, it was watermelon and now it's cereal or just carbs in general.

So here we are, on our way to being a family of 3 (plus Brees of course!)



No comments:

Post a Comment