Monday, September 29, 2014

Freezer Meals



With the new gig I have less time to cook so I made some freezer meals on a Sunday afternoon. It took about 3-4 hours including shopping time so it is a bit of a commitment. The only thing I wish I had done differently was use smaller tins because there are only two of us and I can only bare leftovers for 2 nights in a row.  Also, I doubled each recipe. I would have to say that the chicken and wild rice is the fastest to make out of them all. And I have a lot of frozen veggies in the freezer so I will pair those up with these meals.

Here are the recipes I made -

Baked Ziti (I used gluten free penne)

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole ( I haven't tried this yet but I botched up both recipes because I forgot to buy cream of chicken soup - so for one I added another cup or water and the other I added a combo of sour cream/mayo - who knows what will happen.)

Layered Enchilada Casserole (I used corn tortillas)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment