I made this the other night and it was quite delicious and of course very easy! I'm trying my best to make healthier meals this year and got myself a subscription to Cooking Light magazine.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used already made rotisserie from HT)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups no-salt-added canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (did not find no-salt beans, used regular)
- 1 cup water
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained and divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Add onion and next 5 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 cups beans, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 can chiles, and broth; bring to a boil.
- 2. Mash 1 cup beans and 1 can chiles in a bowl. Add to soup; simmer 5 minutes. Serve with cilantro and lime.