Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lately....

We had a wonderful and freezing cold time in the North Carolina mountains over Thanksgiving!


We cuddled up next to lots of nice warm fires! 


Then we got home and it was time to get busy decorating for Christmas! We wanted to add more to the front of our house so this year Dave got some icecicle lights from Lowe's and I hit up the 50% off Christmas sale at Hobby Lobby for some really great stuff!


I made this wreath thanks to Pinterest. A few of the balls have fallen off here and there but it was an inexpensive project and now we are just shutting the door more softly :)


The finished project. Dave was really proud of his icecicles.


Then we headed to the farmer's market to get our tree. Dave picked it out and he did a great job!


Here is our tree! The star is a bit crooked but I am okay with that as it just shows that our tree isn't a fake one! LOL. It's got character! I am so lucky to have collected so many great ornaments over the years from my god parents. Dave and I have been collecting some of our own but the majority are mine.


Then this past weekend my book club had a cookie making party at our friend Jenn's house. Another friend Kim made coconut curry for lunch. 

Jenn just had a baby, Savannah, I am totally smitten with her. We are taking selfies here.



Baking away...


We each brought our own stuff to make cookies - and then Jenn made these for us to decorate.


Here are a few I made.... 



Then the boys crashed the party and we said "go away!"


Kim is a natural with babies... as you can see here.


Merris a natural with the dogs... as you can see here.


I made no-bake haystack cookies. Recipe here. I recommend putting them in the fridge to set up.


Merris made these festive cookies....


Jenn's tree!


Ashley made peppermint oreo balls. This is before covering them with white chocolate.


Decorated cookies...


Kim's curry was her aunt's recipe and was really good - had a kick to it! It was served over rice noodles.



Just chattin it up!


Poor pregnant Lindsay was having a rough time with her white chocolate peppermint cookies. 


They still tasted great!



Sunday night we had friends over to watch the Saints v. Panthers football game. Here's the food table ;)


Our tree, again! :) Dave got an extra tv to put in the dining/bar area. It worked out perfectly!


My decorations on the mantle.


My mom's Santa collection.


More stocking fun....


Hello mister elf. I just love Mark Roberts elves. This one benefitted St. Jude's.



Since the tv was on the bar, we had to move the bar! The pitcher is full of a cider punch - 1/2 cider and 1/2 champagne! It hits the spot!


Backside of tree...


My grandmother gave my parents these cute singing carolers years ago... I think they're so cute.


My mom and my angels all together....


Little Savannah came to the party and of course is a Panther's fan....


.......BUT that didn't stop me from trying to sway her to the black and gold! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment