Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kale Salad and Salmon Dinner

Red Kale came in our box of organic produce last week. I didn't like kale the first time that I made it. I sauteed it just like you would spinach. Last weekend I the kale salad at Wolfgang Puck's. It was delicious so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try that at home. I found this recipe at the Good Clean Fun Eating blog. I knew it would be good because it called for Parmesan cheese and a lemon dressing. Two of my favorite things.


Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
serves 4-6

1 large bunch kale, well rinsed (I used the salad spinner and then chopped the kale into small strips)
1/2 cup currants (Trader Joe's did not have these so I chopped up cherries instead)
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (I used Trader Joe's roasted pine nuts - less work)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, preferably freshly and finely grated (Use the real thing, there's nothing better!)
1/2 tsp minced garlic (I used jarred)
salt and pepper (More salt than pepper)



Roasted Salmon = Top with EVOO/S&P, 400 degrees for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment