Saturday, September 15, 2012

Merris' Buffalo Chicken

I just realized that I didn't post a recipe that Merris shared with me. It's always a hit at her parties and now it's a hit in our house hold too. It's so easy that I've already made it twice in a months time! You can serve it in a wrap, on a salad, or lettuce wraps or on a bun :) It's of course a slow cooker recipe :) It would honestly be great for tailgating :)

Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken (Rachael Ray, and Merris)
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half length wise
1 cup Frank's Wing Sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 stick of butter (I used half because of dairy intolerance and it's healthier haha)

Cook on high for 4-5 hours on high. During the last 30 minutes take the chicken out and shred it and then put it back in the cooker.

I have looked up other options for this recipe to lighten it up and found this on skinny taste :) I might try it to see if it's as good - this one is gonna be hard to top though. Honestly, it's a crowd pleaser and never fails at a party - try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment