Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cookin stuff.

Okay so here are some fun and innovative (if I might say so myself) things that I made this week!I even had lunch left overs..... DUH-lish.


So I made chicken skewers and grilled them on my stove. I marinated 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a little mixture I threw together - 1 squeezed lime, heavy sprinkle of kosher salt, olive oil AND 4 smashed garlic gloves. Marinate for 30 minutes! I cut them into pieces and put on skewers with onion and peppers. After they were cooked I put them on corn tortillas and covered them with a squeeze of lime, shredded white cheddar cheese and a sauce of sour cream mixed with a spritz of lime, salt and cilantro. :) So lime lime and more lime. Plus lots of garlic equals YAY successful dinner!
AND I made one of my mom's favorites with some lemon cucumbers. To make a cucumber and onion salad.... slice both veggies thinly add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar, 1 tb. of vegetable oil, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp sugar - marinate in the fridge! GREAT summer side salad!! If you have never had this before, it tastes like pickles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment