Saturday, August 8, 2009

SOS

HELP! I have a black tie event coming up this fall and I have one, never been to a black tie event and two, I don't have a black evening gown! I don't even know where to look, if you have any advice on where I could shop for a fabulous dress for a fabulous price, please let me know! I think that typically the dresses worn are floor length but I always see celebrities wearing tea-length dresses. Do you think that's appropriate? If so, I would much rather that as I could get more use out of something shorter for furture events. I am open to anything! HELP!

2 comments:

  1. We went to a black tie event 2 years ago, and I wore a tea length dress. I actually got it in the "wedding section" online at JCrew. It was black and I just dressed it up with accessories. I was dressed appropriately - many other women had on tea length dresses. There were some floor length ones too, but the older women wore those. I always like the wedding section at Ann Taylor too. Classy yet age appropriate for us! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Dianne! A simple black dress, jazzed up, is a great idea! And I am betting something shorter is much less expensive.

    Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete