Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please Retire, Regis


I am watching Regis and Kelly this morning and Regis has just turned into a grumpy old man... he's mean and forgetful... and thank goodness he's got Kelly to cover up for his mistakes! He doesn't often smile but I suppose that he is still quit witted and he has that Regis loudness quality, you know, when he is protesting something or trying to make a joke? Yup, that one. Anyway, can we please get someone new? I think Kelly is established enough to handle the show with a new host (perhaps younger and sexier????) OR, she can take the perfect scenario that I have thought up for her where she goes to the Today show and Meredith gets the boot. This way, the Today show gets that fun quality back in it that Katie had brought to the show!

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Were you in my living room this morning??? I was watching Regis and Kelly and turned to Mary Alex (yes, she's only 14 months old, but she was the only one around) and told her that Regis needs to retire! I'm over it, and was actually thinking about not tuning in at all until he's on vacation or something. Anyway, love your post and love your idea about Kelly replacing Meredith. Not into the Today Show anymore either. Geez... what is up with morning TV???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks so! I'm sure Mary Alex would totally agree if she could!
    Maybe we need to have our own morning show. I know we could totally take Kathy Lee and Hoda down!

    ReplyDelete