Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just a follow up!

OK so good news! I got rid of about 60% of my cold sore before the interview! You couldn't even tell that it was ever there come the interview! There was some swelling but if anything it made my lips look perkier! ha! If you ever get stuck in this same situation.. here is what you need to do. Go to GNC and buy Lysine supplements. They come in pills of 500 mg's. I believe I took 10 of these throughout the day, the first day of the sore. It is supposed to speed up the healing process and lessen the ugly effects of the sore! It's usually to be taken daily to prevent cold sores. From what I've read, the infection is bubbled in a protective calcium shell in your body and it is released when that shell is worn down. SO, increase your calcium intake, I ate lots of dairy and a few calcium chews (the CVS brand, Carmel, are my favorite!). Also, do not go an hour without reapplying Abreva on your sore. Be careful to wash your hands before touching and after touching the sore. And lastly, before going to bed, take a Q-tip and clean the sore with Peroxide (I did this about 3 different times before heading to bed). Then top it with more Abreva. By the morning there shouldn't be a blister and the swelling should be decreased.

No comments:

Post a Comment