Saturday, May 16, 2009

Debbie's Zucchini Pie


So I made Debbie's zucchini pie the other night and it was delish! It was the last night of the cleanse so I thought I'd add in a few carbs and some Parmesan, my fav! 
Oh and by the way, I took a test today on Facebook to see what Food Network star I am (this is the channel my TV is stuck on permanently). And guess who I was?! Did you guess yet??? My FAVORITE - Giada from Everyday Italian! I love her. She is simple and healthy - both which I love. 
OK back to Deb's great recipe. Really liked the Bisquick in this one.

3c grated zucchini
1 small onion, chopped
1c Bisquick
4 eggs, whisked
1/2c vegetable oil
1/2c Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chopped fresh chives
1 refrigerated pie crust

Fit pie crust into deep dish, 9inch pie plate.  Mix all ingredients and pour into pie shell.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and filling is firm.

I was really happy with the way the pie turned out. It was a little messy to cut and put on plates but tasty regardless and very simple. I served it with a side salad and piece of whole grain bread. I also liked that it cost me a mere $12 to make this dinner which will carry us over 2 more nights! So thats two bucks per meal a night. Rediculous and Fabulous all at the same time! Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment